- Introduction: On April 4, 2016, Microchip Technology Inc. ("Microchip," "we," "us," or "our") acquired Atmel Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, "Atmel"). A copy of the press release is available on Microchip's website, www.microchip.com.
- Information Transfer from Atmel to Microchip: Following the acquisition, both companies have been working to review and integrate existing business operations.
To that end, Atmel may, at any time, transfer, to Microchip, its affiliates, or its service providers, any Personal Information you or someone acting on your behalf provided Atmel electronically or otherwise, or that Atmel otherwise collected (collectively, "Your Information") offline or from your use of any Atmel Websites.
You may have provided, or Atmel may have collected, Your Information in a number of ways including, without limitation:
- from your application or registration with Atmel for an account (e.g. myAtmel Account);
- your access or use of, or interaction with, any Atmel Websites (including, without limitation, when you upload, download, collaborate on, or share files or other information);
- when you purchased or otherwise obtained from Atmel any products (including, without limitation, any software) or services;
- when you requested technical support, return material authorizations, or marketing literature or other publications, or other information regarding Atmel products or services; or when you visited or attended any tradeshows, or Atmel-sponsored events or training.
Cross-Border Transfer. Your Information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Microchip, its subsidiaries, or its service providers maintain facilities. You acknowledge and understand that the protection of Your Information will be subject to the applicable laws of each such jurisdiction, which may not provide for the same protection as your country of residence.
- to register you, or the company you represent, in our systems, including, without limitation, for you to have a myMicrochip account,
- an account on microchipdirect.com, or account to order product samples from Microchip or any Microchip Partners;
- to request you to verify or update Your Information or request any additional Personal Information or other information from you to complete the registration on our systems;
- to activate certain Microchip or Microchip Partner software or other products you license, purchase, or otherwise access;
- to perform data analysis, usage-trend monitoring and analysis, or fraud monitoring and prevention; or
- to confirm validity of software licenses, and to operate and expand our or our subsidiaries' business activities.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Read the Notice Regarding Personal Information Transfer in PDF format.
Rev. 8 February 2017
Microchip Technology Incorporated 2355 West Chandler Blvd. Chandler, AZ 85224-6199
Main Office 480-792-7200 Fax 480-899-9210