Atmel Extends Automotive Touchscreen Controller Portfolio
New maXTouch family members offer maximum performance and gloved operation for touchpads and touchscreens up to 7 inches in diameter
Atmel® has broadened its portfolio of automotive-qualified maXTouch® touchscreen controllers with two new family members. The mXT143E and mXT224E devices join the mXT540E and mXT768E family members, providing support for smaller screen sizes. Now, you can select from a variety of touchscreen and touch pad controllers with screens between 2 inches and 12 inches in diameter.
The mXT143E and mXT224E automotive-qualified family members provide dedicated functionalities that meet specific automotive requirements, such as high-temperature behavior, reliable operation in harsh environments and with gloved fingers. The devices are ideal for applications such as centerstack displays, navigation systems, and radio human-machine interfaces (HMIs).
With the mXT143E and mXT224E devices, you can create touch-based automotive products that support the identification of up to 10 simultaneous touches as well as touch and palm suppression to detect and suppress unintended touches such as a resting hand on the screen or pad.
Key maXTouch Family Features
- Seamless multi-touch performance for up to 10 simultaneous touches
- User-configurable ratio of X- and Y-lines up to 224 nodes addressing a variety of aspect ratios
- 12-bit x 12-bit touch position reporting
- High responsiveness (<10ms for first touch from idle state)
- Scan speed up to 280Hz, depending on configuration
- Industry-leading current consumption
- Sophisticated touch processing, including unintended touch and palm suppression
- Noise rejection to enable reliable operation in harsh environments
- Fully automotive-qualified (Grade 3), operating within the temperature range of -40 degree Celsius up to +85 degree Celsius
- High signal-to-noise ratio, enabling gloved-hand operation
- Up to 280Hz scan speed, which supports character recognition (via host software) for alphanumeric inputs to the automotive HMIs
Automotive Application Areas
- Center stack displays
- Navigation systems
- Radio HMI
- Decoupled touch pad HMI