Atmel SAM4S Cortex-M4 MCUs
Our expanding ARM® Cortex™ processor-based microcontroller (MCU) portfolio gives you a rich set of devices for your every design need. You'll find a whole new range of devices with the right mix of memory, performance capabilities, peripherals, low power consumption and other features for a broad range of high-performance applications.
Our newest device is the SAM4SD32, the industry's highest density embedded Flash Cortex-M4 processor-based MCU, ideal for industrial and consumer applications requiring high memory densities. Along with its unsurpassed 2MB of Flash, the SAM4SD32 provides high performance, low power and ease of use:
- 2KB of integrated cache memory for accelerated code execution out of Flash
- 120MHz maximum operating frequency
- Dual-bank Flash
- Best-in-class power consumption: 200µA/MHz in active mode, down to 3µA with real-time clock (RTC) running
- 1.62V to 3.6V power supply
- External bus interface supporting SRAM, PSRAM, NOR Flash, LCD module and NAND Flash
- Extensive peripheral set including a full-speed USB device port with embedded transceiver, high-speed multimedia card interface for SDIO/SD/MMC, USARTs, UARTs, TWIs, SPIs, I2S, PWM timer, 16-bit timers, RTC, 12-bit ADCs, 12-bit DACs and an analog comparator
- Parallel input/output capture mode
- Pin-to-pin compatibility with Atmel SAM7S, SAM3N and SAM3S microcontrollers
With these capabilities and its 2MB of embedded Flash, the SAM4SD32 gives you the design resources to support wired and wireless communication stacks, user interface graphics and data logging that are required by many of today's industrial and consumer applications.
Target Applications and End Products
- Terminals: 1D bar code readers, including QR code readers
- Building and home control systems: wireless thermostats, room control units
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) systems
- Industrial automation equipment: sensors, actuators
- Smart grid: smart meters
- Consumer: GPS sport watches
Develop SAM4S Series applications with the Atmel Studio 6 integrated development environment (IDE). Supporting all Atmel ARM Cortex-M processor-based devices, Atmel Studio 6 is a seamless, easy-to-use environment. Available free of charge, the IDE comes with hundreds of ARM project examples with source code that can streamline your design process. For fast development and code evaluation of SAM4SD32 devices, the SAM4S-EK2, a full-featured evaluation kit priced at $149, will be available in September 2012.