Get Started - Home Entertainment
We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
The Atmel® remote control technology supports your audio and video design applications. Choose from a wide variety of remote control interfaces for your docking solutions. Take advantage of low-cost, easy-to-implement remote control applications using the Atmel ATmega128RFA1 wireless Atmel AVR® microcontroller with ZigBee® RF4CE certification. Atmel is among the first to have our wireless platform ZigBee RF4CE certified. In addition to a broad wireless technology capability, Atmel also provides Sensor Hub solutions that combine the expertise from our sensor partners with our MCU know-how to provide you a tailored system solution which can implement up to a full 9-axis IMU (inertial measurement unit) capability. This will give precise orientation and direction information allowing more intuitive menu navigation for an exceptional user experience.
Features and Benefits
- A broad product portfolio of ARM® and R R® devices.
- Wireless capacitive touch remote control based on single-chip wireless AVR microcontroller simplifies PCB (printed circuit board) design
- Eliminate line-of-site barriers with the Atmel ZigBee RF4CE certified wireless platform
- Atmel SleepWalking™ Intelligent Peripherals significantly reduce power consumption
- High-speed data transfer between remote control microcontroller and peripherals with reduced processor overhead
- Flexible and scalable sensor hub platform with easy to use hardware and software tools to help with development.
- The patented capacitive touch acquisition methods, Atmel QTouch® and Atmel QMatrix™, provide more choices for buttons, sliders, and wheels with a small or large number of keys
- Atmel FlashVault™ Code Protection creates secure on-chip storage for secret code and software intellectual property
- Atmel CryptoAuthentication™ provides secure authentication and storage
- Sensor management to provide 6- and 9-axis IMU capability with many sensor partners
Atmel solutions enable you to build complete wireless environments with a capacitive-touch remote control based on either single-chip wireless AVR microcontroller, or using an Atmel microcontroller with external low-power IEEE 802.15.4-compliant transceivers. For a Universal Remote Control, use an Atmel microcontroller that offers an embedded LCD controller. For joystick applications in gaming, the Atmel AT91SAM ARM-based solutions offer benefits such as high performance, low-power, and system-level integration. Atmel remote control solutions will help to enhance your RF network with an optimized bill-of-materials (BOM), with one chip to handle wireless plus touch.
- For details on capacitive touch technology, click here
- For details on wireless technology, click here
Recommended Atmel Applications
The Atmel high-throughput, low power consumption microcontrollers provide the choices you need to suit any application. Our microcontroller products are supported by the Atmel touch library, development tools, applications notes, and world-class Atmel support to help you reduce design cycle time.
Learn more about the Atmel solution Application Notes, Devices, and Tools and Software