- Knowledge Base
- Request Technical Support
- Customer Service
- Samples Request
- Obsolescence Information
- Events and Webcasts
- Press Releases
- Stock Information
- SEC Filings
- Corporate Governance
- Executive Profiles
- Board of Directors
- Quality Inquiry
- Quality Handbook
- Green Packaging
- Package Material
- Environmental Information
- Quality and Environment Certificates
- RMA and FA Information
- Reliability Information
- Obsolescence Information
- FAQ Response Summary
- Body and Convenience
- Car Access
- Infotainment / HMI / Connectivity
- Under the Hood
- Building Automation
- Home Appliances
- Home Entertainment
- Industrial Automation
- Internet of Things
- Smart Energy
- Mobile Electronics
- PC Peripherals
July 31, 2014Atmel Completes Newport Media Acquisition
July 8, 2014Industry Leaders to Establish Open Interconnect Consortium
July 7, 2014Atmel to Acquire Newport Media – Strengthening its Leadership Position in the IoT Market
Embedded Design Blog
The Atmel Automotive Commitment
Automotive electronics are a demanding application, encompassing a wide range of products, from body electronics, engine components, and access systems to lighting and entertainment components. They must support small designs and offer a high level of integration, to fit the limited space available in automotive environments. To meet the diverse needs of a variety of automotive applications, developers need solutions that offer:
- Compliance with strict automotive qualification demands, including industry standards and automotive-qualified fabs
- Flexible interface options for a variety of HMI capabilities
- Standards-based connectivity for intelligent networked solutions
- Protection and compatibility for high-voltage products, including robust electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection; and OEM approvals
- Resistance to high temperatures for trouble-free operation in automotive environments
- Maximum safety for automobile access
- Low power consumption for maximum efficiency
A Complete Set of Solutions for Automobiles
Atmel® provides a broad product portfolio for automotive applications that meet the strict automotive quality demands and that make vehicles more safe, economical and convenient. Our solutions include:
Body and Convenience —
The body and convenience category encompasses many functions and features readily visible to the driver and passengers. These functions provide for unique branding and differentiation opportunities for automotive OEMs. This includes functions such as door controls, window controls, sunroof controls, steering column controls, and climate controls.
- Car Access — The Atmel® automotive electronic efforts are not only focused on large complex electronic systems, but also on smaller independent applications. Atmel builds on decades of experience in automotive electronic designs, and offers a wide range of uniquely tailored standalone solutions.
Infotainment / HMI / Connectivity —
The Infotainment-HMI-Connectivity category encompasses many functions that allow the driver and passengers to interact with the vehicle to deliver the convenience, information and entertainment features they desire within the vehicle cabin in a safe and seamless fashion.
- Under the Hood — The Atmel automotive electronic efforts are not only focused on large complex electronic systems, but also on smaller independent applications. Atmel builds on decades of experience in automotive electronic designs, and offers a wide range of uniquely tailored standalone solutions.
The Atmel Advantage
Atmel has demonstrated its strong commitment to the automotive market. Our company has more than 25 years of automotive electronics design expertise and is a market leader in several automotive areas. We offer a broad scope of automotive-dedicated technologies such as BCDMOS, BCD-on-SOI and non-volatile CMOS, and automotive- qualified fabs (ISO 9001:2000, ISO TS 16949:2002, ISO 14001:2004).
- Extensive Portfolio — The Atmel extensive portfolio ranges from car radio and navigation devices, ICs for standard body electronics, including high-temperature, LIN/CAN and motor driver ICs, solutions for car access systems, RKE/immobilizer and key fobs to our Atmel AVR® automotive microcontrollers, memories, capacitive touch and customer-specific ICs.
- Advanced Touch Solutions — From the proximity sensor for keyless door entry to the touchscreen of the GPS system, touch interfaces give the driver and passengers a sense of luxury, quality, and differentiation. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, Atmel provides a touch solution for virtually any automotive microcontroller.
- Development Support — Design-ins are supported by our application engineers, demonstration and evaluation kits, reference boards, software and detailed documentation.