- Automotive Microcontrollers
- Automotive Serial EEPROMs
- Automotive Touch
- Broadcast Radio
- CAN/VAN Networking
- Car Access
- Drivers/High-Temperature ICs
- LIN Networking
- Rad Hard ASICs
- Rad Hard Communication ICs
- Rad Hard FPGAs
- Rad Hard Memories
- Rad Hard Processors
- Rad Tolerant Devices
- Evaluation Kits
- Starter Kits
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Add-ons and Accessories
- Zigbit Wireless Modules
- Knowledge Base
- Request Technical Support
- Customer Service
- Samples Request
- Obsolescence Information
- Third-Party Support - AVR
- Third-Party Support - ARM
- Atmel Gallery (app store)
- Touch Partners
- Sales Reps
- Quality Inquiry
- Quality Handbook
- Quality and Environment Certificates
- RMA and FA Information
- Reliability Information
- PCN and EOL
- FAQ Response Summary
The Atmel Automotive Commitment
Automotive electronics are a demanding application, encompassing a wide range of products, from body electronics, engine components, and access systems to lighting and entertainment components. They must support small designs and offer a high level of integration, to fit the limited space available in automotive environments. To meet the diverse needs of a variety of automotive applications, developers need solutions that offer:
- Compliance with strict automotive qualification demands, including industry standards and automotive-qualified fabs
- Flexible interface options for a variety of HMI capabilities
- Standards-based connectivity for intelligent networked solutions
- Protection and compatibility for high-voltage products, including robust electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection; and OEM approvals
- Resistance to high temperatures for trouble-free operation in automotive environments
- Maximum safety for automobile access
- Low power consumption for maximum efficiency
A Complete Set of Solutions for Automobiles
Atmel® provides a broad product portfolio for automotive applications that meet the strict automotive quality demands and that make vehicles more safe, economical and convenient. Our solutions include:
- Body and Convenience — The body and convenience category encompasses many functions and features readily visible to the driver and passengers. These functions provide for unique branding and differentiation opportunities for automotive OEMs. This includes functions such as door controls, window controls, sunroof controls, steering column controls, and climate controls.
- Car Access — The Atmel® automotive electronic efforts are not only focused on large complex electronic systems, but also on smaller independent applications. Atmel builds on decades of experience in automotive electronic designs, and offers a wide range of uniquely tailored standalone solutions.
- Infotainment / HMI / Connectivity — The Infotainment-HMI-Connectivity category encompasses many functions that allow the driver and passengers to interact with the vehicle to deliver the convenience, information and entertainment features they desire within the vehicle cabin in a safe and seamless fashion.
- Under the Hood — The Atmel automotive electronic efforts are not only focused on large complex electronic systems, but also on smaller independent applications. Atmel builds on decades of experience in automotive electronic designs, and offers a wide range of uniquely tailored standalone solutions.
The Atmel Advantage
Atmel has demonstrated its strong commitment to the automotive market. Our company has more than 25 years of automotive electronics design expertise and is a market leader in several automotive areas. We offer a broad scope of automotive-dedicated technologies such as BCDMOS, BCD-on-SOI and non-volatile CMOS, and automotive- qualified fabs (ISO 9001:2000, ISO TS 16949:2002, ISO 14001:2004).
- Extensive Portfolio — The Atmel extensive portfolio ranges from car radio and navigation devices, ICs for standard body electronics, including high-temperature, LIN/CAN and motor driver ICs, solutions for car access systems, RKE/immobilizer and key fobs to our Atmel AVR® automotive microcontrollers, memories, capacitive touch and customer-specific ICs.
- Advanced Touch Solutions — From the proximity sensor for keyless door entry to the touchscreen of the GPS system, touch interfaces give the driver and passengers a sense of luxury, quality, and differentiation. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, Atmel provides a touch solution for virtually any automotive microcontroller.
- Development Support — Design-ins are supported by our application engineers, demonstration and evaluation kits, reference boards, software and detailed documentation.