We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
In a competitive marketplace, customers demand sophisticated features, intuitive controls, and a rich variety of connectivity options for environmental control products. Atmel® delivers a complete range of microcontrollers and other components that enable you to build power-efficient solutions that provide seamless network connectivity. Our advanced touch technology supports a responsive, precision interface and lets you set yourself apart from the competition.
Features and Benefits
- Feature-rich, standards-based solutions include single-chip ZigBee® and Zigbee Pro stack and SEP/HA/CBA profile with capacitive touch capability
- The Atmel AVR XMEGA® microcontrollers support KnX worldwide standard protocol
- Capacitive touch solution available as free library on Atmel microcontrollers for control panel and remote control applications
- Atmel SAM9G45 features embedded LCD controller and resistive touch feature to support advanced graphic user interface
- Single-chip Atmel ATmega128RFA1 supports wireless communication, touch functionality, and includes integrated 3D accelerometer that provides rich features for a capacitive touch remote control for lighting ballast applications. The accelerometer provides support for 3D remote control positioning, light intensity controls, and enables the capacitive touch microcontroller to wake from sleep mode
- Atmel CryptoAuthentication™ provides strong hardware-based authentication
- Microcontrollers with integrated data EEPROM or user-writable Flash memory enable support storage of data and parameters without the need for an external component
- Integrated temperature sensor supports thermostat applications, delivering added functionality while keeping BOM to a minimum
- Power line communications (PLC) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions with full digital implementation deliver best-in-class sensitivity, high performance and high temperature stability
Comfort and Control Devices
- Thermostats are key for any HVAC system. Atmel offers power-efficient solutions including LCD Controllers.
- Doors and Rolling Shutter Actuators require rugged, high-quality components. Atmel delivers long-life solutions with support for standards-based wireless connectivity.
- Remote Control/Key Fob devices can control everything from lighting, intrusion systems, or doors. Atmel delivers integrated wireless connectivity for responsive, reliable operation.
- Control panel/Home gateway Flexible connectivity is key for home gateway and control panel applications.
Build a complete wireless capacitive touch remote control using the Atmel AVR wireless single-chip, the Atmel ATmega128RFA1, or an Atmel microcontroller with external low-power IEEE 802.15.4-compliant transceivers.
Combining Atmel QMatrix®, the most reliable capacitive sensing method used in a number of lighting products for user interface and control functions, and R4Control, the ZigBee RF4CE compliant software platform, the ATmega128RFA1 is perfect for touch-based RF remote control. A single high-performance Atmel AVR microcontroller enables designers to implement a new generation of battery-driven systems, smaller board space, and reduced BOM.Top
Atmel offers a broad range of microcontrollers that are ideal for thermostat applications—from 8-bit units with embedded LCD controllers to 32-bit microcontrollers with touchscreen capability and a graphics library. Add the Atmel 2.4 GHz transceiver with full ZigBee Pro software support for a full-featured thermostat display unit.Top
Doors and Rolling Shutter Actuators
Atmel AVR microcontrollers support picoPower® technology, single or dual slope pulse-width modulation (PWM), and frequency generation, enabling you to design an efficient, reliable shutter blind control system. Strengthen your market position by adding the Atmel 2.4 GHz transceiver to support advanced wireless networking standards such as ZigBee.Top
Remote Control/Key Fob
Build a complete wireless remote control with an advanced capacitive touch interface remote control, based on the Atmel AVR wireless Single-chip, or an Atmel microcontroller with embedded LCD controller. The Atmel remote control technology lets you develop efficient RF network solutions to eliminate line of sight restrictions and implement advanced topologies such as mesh networks. Use a Single-chip for microcontroller, wireless, and touch functionality, to optimize your BOM.
Control Panel/Home Gateway
Flexible connectivity is key for home gateway and control panel applications. Atmel microcontrollers help you achieve a rapid time-to-market by providing validated connectivity via Ethernet, USB, soft modem (PSTN), Wireless LAN, and RS-485 interfaces with backup mode.
Learn more about the Atmel solution Application Notes, Devices, and Tools and Software