We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
Fire and security applications help customers safeguard people, property, and business resources, while providing peace of mind. Whether you are designing an entry-level detector or an advanced, networked control panel, Atmel® can offer a solution that's right for your needs.
Features and Benefits
- Wide range of Atmel AT91SAM ARM®-based and Atmel AVR® 32-bit microcontrollers. The SAM3 family and AVR UC3 families support entry-level systems. Advanced controllers with Ethernet connectivity are based on the SAM9 and AVR UC3 families
- Backup mode and diverse connectivity options include embedded Soft modem, Wi-Fi extension board, Ethernet and RS485 connectivity
- Atmel CryptoAuthentication™ enables node authentication and secure communication. Security can also be provided by AVR XMEGA hardware AES/DES crypto module and AES/DES bootloaders for megaAVR, tinyAVR and AVR XMEGA
- Low power 8-bit microcontrollers minimizes power consumption; Atmel ATmega128RFA1 Single-chip enables designers to develop ZigBee smoke and motion detectors with extremely low power consumption
- Atmel XMEGA™ analog delivers optimal performance with 12-bit ADC resolution up to 2Msps with internal gain stage (up to X64), while optimizing BOM by removing its external gain stage
- The Atmel partnership with H&D wireless enables full support for wireless LAN connectivity in control panel applications
- The AVR UC3 Software framework provides software drivers and libraries to build any application for AVR UC3 32-bit microcontrollers. It has been designed to quickly develop and bring together the different components of a software design, and to be easily integrated into an operating system (OS) or operate on a standalone basis.
Fire and Security Devices:
- Control Panels are the primary point of contact for home and building automation consumers. The Atmel portfolio supports a wide range of designs, to meet simple or complex needs.
- Detectors are the eyes and ears of fire and security solutions. Our low-power solutions can support motion detectors, smoke detectors, sounders, and glass break detectors based on the Atmel tinyAVR®, megaAVR®, AVR XMEGA™ and MCU Wireless (single-chip microcontroller +RF) families.
- PIR (Camera) Detector - Atmel AVR picoPower® technology dramatically improves detector battery life, to deliver the reliability that Passive Infrared (PIR) camera-based detectors require.
Flexible connectivity is key for home gateway and control panel applications. Atmel microcontrollers help you achieve a rapid time-to-market by providing validated connectivity via Ethernet, USB, soft modem (PSTN), Wireless LAN, and RS-485 interfaces with backup mode. In the event the main power supply cut off, the control panel can automatically switch to battery operating mode to maintain connectivity.
Energy efficiency is always a key concern for battery-powered smoke detectors. Atmel microcontrollers feature Atmel AVR picoPower® technology that lets you dramatically increase battery life. Our internal Atmel AVR XMEGA gain stage helps reduce your BOM for additional savings and design efficiency. The on air upgrade feature enables users to easily upgrade software on the remote sensor without removing it from the wall.
For wireless smoke detector applications, the Atmel single-chip RF makes it easy to integrate secure, effective wireless connectivity.
PIR Camera Detector
Atmel AVR picoPower technology dramatically improves smoke detector battery life, to deliver the reliability that Passive Infrared (PIR) camera-based detectors require. Our integrated internal Atmel AVR XMEGA gain stage helps you reduce your BOM to save money and improve efficiency. Adding an optional temperature sensor lets developers deliver additional functionality, without the equipment and installations costs required for a separate device.
PIR Camera can feature the Atmel Cortex®-M3-based SAM3S with full software framework and BOM information access. The SAM3S lets you connect directly to any CMOS sensor and guarantee color picture capture at QVGA resolution— while minimizing your BOM and power consumption.
Learn more about the Atmel solution Application Notes, Devices, and Tools and Software