Power efficiency is key for refrigeration equipment. To meet today's green energy requirements, refrigerators and freezers must include support for global efficiency standards, as well as advanced communications for smart metering. The Atmel® intelligent, customizable microcontrollers provide flexible connectivity options and power efficient architectures that are an excellent fit for refrigeration applications.
Features and Benefits
- A variety of 8- and 32-Bit microcontrollers which are dedicated to motor control, providing support for BLDC motors, AC motors, and switched reluctance motors.
- Atmel solutions meet energy efficiency requirements such as Energy Star and European regulations to deliver maximum efficiency.
- Atmel provides an IEC 60730 Class B Library to support customers in the certification process, which dramatically speeds time to market.
- Atmel AVR 32-bit microcontrollers feature a multi-layer databus and DMA controller that make them a perfect fit for HMI applications where high bandwidth is required.
- Robust touch sensor technology, featuring the Atmel QTouch® library, lets designers add capacitive touch buttons, wheels and sliders at no additional cost.
- Native 5 volts support is available on the Atmel megaAVR® and Atmel tinyAVR® microcontrollers.
- High integration solutions, such as motor control and HMI touch in a Single-chip, help reduce BOM.
- ZigBee Pro compatibility enables standards-compliant connectivity and smart metering.
- Node authentication capability supports smart meter infrastructure connections.
Refrigerators are an N1 energy consumer, and require power-efficient technology. Atmel microcontroller and wireless products are a perfect fit to help you to design products with granular energy control and efficiency.
[ + ] QTouch Robustness Reference Design
Abstract: This reference design demonstrates a robust capacitive touch user interface solution based on Atmel ATSAMD20 with Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC). The design allows users to easily apply Atmel QTouch technology to achieve best-in-class noise immunity and moisture tolerance in challenging environments with a high level of electromagnetic noise – ideal for harsh environments.
- IEC 61000-4-6 10V Conducted Immunity tolerant QTouch Safety Library
- IEC/UL 60730 Class B certified QTouch Safety Library firmware
- FMEA support
- Six self-capacitance buttons with Philipp™ Spring
- Four mutual-capacitance buttons
- One 8-channel mutual-capacitance slider
[ + ] Configurable PMSM Sensorless Field Oriented Control Reference Design
Abstract: This reference design demonstates a motor control solution for 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous (PMSM) motor, using ATxmega16D4 microcontroller. This reference design features a PC configuration utility for configuring and tuning sensorless field oriented control (FOC) parameters.
- Sensorless field oriented control (FOC) algorithm implemented in ATxmega16D4
- 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous (PMSM) motor application
- 3-phase half-bridge gate drive circuitry with N-MOSFETs as lower switches and P-MOSFETs as upper switches
- Single shunt current reconstruction
- PC based configuration utility and tuning guidelines
[ + ] IEC 60730 Safety Library Reference Design
Abstract: Shortening the development and certification time for application for white goods and appliances, Atmel offers a free certified configurable microcontroller self-diagnostic library for the Atmel AVR and ARM-based microcontroller series. With this library and the application specific test for the customers’ application the Class B certification is in short time and with minimum effort achievable.
- Certified and complies with the EN/IEC 60335 (safety of electrical appliances for household and similar purposes)
- Certified and complies with the EN/IEC 60730 (automatic electrical controls for use with equipment for household and similar use)
- Includes all application independent tests to pass the Class B certification
- The library takes advantage of the safety hardware modules, inclulding hardware CRC32 unit, the Brown Out Detection (BOD) and the independent clocked WatchDog Timer etc.
Learn more about the Atmel solution Application Notes, Devices, and Tools and Software