- Evaluation Kits
- Starter Kits
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Add-ons and Accessories
- Zigbit Wireless Modules
- Corporate Releases
- Product Releases
- Technical News Briefs
- Speakers Bureau
- Atmel in the News
- Embedded Design Blog
- Events and Webcasts
- Press Releases
- Stock Information
- SEC Filings
- Corporate Governance
- Executive Profiles
- Board of Directors
- Building Automation
- Home Appliances
- Home Entertainment
- Mobile Accessories
- Watch Video
- Remote Controls
- Industrial Automation
- Smart Energy
- Mobile Electronics
- PC Peripherals
January 7, 2013New Touch Controllers Enable Flawless User Experience, Even for Users with Gloves On, With Passive Stylus Support for Touchscreens in Smartphones, Superphones, eReaders and Tablets
April 3, 2012Arrow Electronics Announces Supply Channel Agreement with Ocular
February 27, 2012Atmel's maXTouch Controllers Enable Touch Capabilities for In-Car Control Systems
Creating New Sights and Sounds
Display touch interface design – best in class capacitive touch solutions» Learn More
Atmel Serial Flash – one of the world’s most popular serial interface Flash memory» Learn More
Home entertainment systems continue to evolve in size and sophistication, delivering new levels of experience and adventure to consumers. Home Entertainment has expanded to become a true indoor electronic playground for children and adults alike, with systems incorporating large-screen displays, gaming consoles, audio equipment, and docking stations. Often a single remote control gives users complete command of these environments. Atmel® solutions for home entertainment help you address your most pressing design challenges, including:
- Delivering innovative capabilities that entice consumers to upgrade and expand their systems
- Responding to consumer demand for energy-saving solutions
- Integrating wireless and touchscreen technologies
- Connecting and protecting more home entertainment products
- Robust RF interference protection
Powerful, Intuitive Control for Home Entertainment
More and more home electronic products are linked to share the connection between video and audio. Atmel technology enables you to provide support for a full array of home and audio applications:
- Audio — Designing digital audio systems involves accommodating a tangle of different audio formats and communication interfaces. With the Atmel complete Digital Audio Platform, you get a head start to developing high-quality audio systems. That's because the platform works right out of the box – no matter whether your system plays music from an iPhone or has a USB port where users can plug in a thumb drive containing compressed music files.
- Mobile Accessories — A mobile accessory is a device that connects to a smartphone or a tablet via USB, UART or a wireless connection for control and data exchange, such as headphones, keyboards, and mice. An application (app) running on the mobile device communicates with the mobile accessory.
- Video — From the one-stop shopping provided by Atmel AT91SAM ARM®-based or Atmel AVR® microcontroller families to the world's most sophisticated touchscreen technology, Atmel shows you new possibilities for video solutions. These technologies multiply your design options and enhance connectivity while driving down size, complexity, and power consumption.
- Remote Controls — Ultra-low power Atmel Wi-Fi Direct single-chip offers future-proof solutions for advanced remote controls for TVs, set-top boxes, DVRs and other modern network-connected CE devices that already have built-in Wi-Fi. Alternately, you can take advantage of easy-to-implement remote control applications using the Atmel ATmega128RFA1 wireless Atmel AVR microcontroller with ZigBee® RF4CE certification.
The Atmel Advantage
At Atmel, our goal is to surround you with great technologies to achieve the home entertainment experience that your customers expect. Atmel also provides proven tools and libraries that can reduce cycle time and ensure high-quality results.
- Advanced Touchscreen Solutions — With the Atmel QTouch® library you can add capacitive touch buttons, sliders and wheels at no additional cost. If your product uses a high-end touchscreen solution, Atmel maXTouch™ technology offers the industry's lowest power, highest performance single-chip touch solutions.
- Advanced Audio Solutions — Atmel digital audio solutions, make it easy to index and play a collection of digital audio files from any storage media such as MP3 players, USB sticks, SD cards, and embedded NAND flash. Alternatively, digital music can be streamed from a remote server across Ethernet or WLAN. Atmel is also the leader in digital audio docking solutions, providing solutions to leading audio equipment manufacturers around the world. High-quality wireless audio devices such as headsets and speakers are rapidly gaining market share. However, these devices require higher bandwidth than typical solutions can provide. Atmel Wi-Fi enabled peripherals deliver the bandwidth required to support these applications.
- Mobile Accessories Solutions — Smartphones, and an array of mobile accessories, are used for countless applications. The underlying technology in the Atmel Digital Audio Platform will help you develop these mobile accessories.
- Wireless Solutions — If your application requires remote control support for ZigBee® RF4CE, the Atmel AVR family offers 8- and 32-bit microcontrollers supporting the RF4CE specification.
- Low-Power Wi-Fi Solutions — To develop a platform that allows your home entertainment devices (remote controls, TVs, DVRs, set-top boxes, etc.) to connect seamlessly with each other without dongles or WAPs, Atmel offers Wi-Fi certified single-chip solutions that deliver both ultra-low power and support for Wi-Fi Direct.
- Lower Power Consumption — Long before most consumers were concerned about saving on electric bills, Atmel began developing low power consumption solutions. You can be confident that your Atmel AVR-powered applications will comply with ENERGY STAR ratings and other standards, while also increasing customer satisfaction by offering longer battery life.
- High Security Hardware Authentication — Atmel offers a wide variety of secure authentication and storage solutions for seamless integration with Atmel AVR and ARM-based microcontrollers.
- High-Computing Performance — Explore new, more imaginative designs by taking advantage of Atmel AVR microcontrollers with integrated DSP and ARM-based high computing performance, coupled with a high-end peripheral set and Flash memory technology.
- Ease of Development — Our extensive software library, reference designs, and evaluation kits help you to reduce development time.
iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.