- Automotive Microcontrollers
- Automotive Serial EEPROMs
- Automotive Touch
- Broadcast Radio
- CAN/VAN Networking
- Car Access
- Drivers/High-Temperature ICs
- LIN Networking
- Rad Hard ASICs
- Rad Hard Communication ICs
- Rad Hard FPGAs
- Rad Hard Memories
- Rad Hard Processors
- Rad Tolerant Devices
- Evaluation Kits
- Starter Kits
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Add-ons and Accessories
- Zigbit Wireless Modules
- Knowledge Base
- Request Technical Support
- Customer Service
- Samples Request
- Obsolescence Information
- Third-Party Support - AVR
- Third-Party Support - ARM
- Atmel Gallery (app store)
- Touch Partners
- Sales Reps
- Quality Inquiry
- Quality Handbook
- Green Packaging
- Package Material
- Environmental Information
- Quality and Environment Certificates
- RMA and FA Information
- Reliability Information
- PCN and EOL
- FAQ Response Summary
PCs Expanding Our World
Today's personal computers do so much more than compute. With the right peripheral, computers can entertain, educate, connect, monitor, and secure. Successful PC peripheral design depends on some key tradeoffs:
- Balancing high performance against design complexity and board space
- Balancing ease of use against design complexity and cost
- Balancing high functionality against low-power consumption
Powerful, Easy to Use, Green Solutions
Atmel® offers a portfolio of microcontrollers, touch, and wireless solutions designed to help you take advantage of the exploding market for Macintosh® and Windows® PC peripherals.
- Small I/O Devices — Small I/O devices such as mice, keyboards, and graphics pads are the literally the first and most important point of contact for Macintosh® and Windows® PC users. Atmel® builds in precise, nimble movement coupled with low power operation for long battery life.
- Mass Storage Devices — Atmel® helps you design digital mass storage products that meet size, speed and cost requirements for consumer and business applications.
- PC Accessories — Wireless, battery-operated remote control products are perfect applications for the low-power management and high efficiency RF features embedded in Atmel® AVR® solutions.
The Atmel Advantage
Atmel microcontrollers, touchscreen controllers, and wireless RF transceivers and modules deliver the functionality, convenience, and high performance that consumers and businesses demand. They support a wide range of industry-standard wired and wireless interfaces for optimum global design flexibility.
- Ease of Use — Developers can take advantage of the Atmel free tools, pre-tested and certified technology, embedded stacks, and software libraries to quickly develop reliable products with sophisticated, easy to use features that attract end users.
- Broad Device Support — Atmel AVR® USB Series 2/4/6/7 Software Packages and the Atmel AVR UC3 Software Framework include drivers and services for many USB classes such as High Intensity Discharge (HID), mass storage, device firmware updates, audio, and Communication Device Class (CDC), simplifying USB development.
- Integrated Design — Atmel microcontrollers include the USB PHY, and generally need only a 12MHz crystal; the higher frequency required by USB is generated with an integrated PLL. In some cases, internal RC oscillator operation can further reduce system costs.
- USB Certification — Most Atmel AVR USB microcontrollers are USB certified to help guarantee a seamless approval of your final application.
- Low-Power Leader — Atmel picoPower® power-saving modes dramatically enhance battery life without sacrificing performance, so your products will be fast, green, and economical.
- High-Performance Microcontrollers — Atmel AVR and ARM-based devices feature a multilayer databus and DMA controllers, perfect for high-speed, high-bandwidth USB applications.
- Capacitive Touch — Atmel QTouch® and Atmel maXTouch™ microcontrollers are the industry's most robust touch sensor technology solutions. You can design fast, responsive, precision interfaces and meet performance needs from lower-end devices to high-end touchscreen applications.
- High Security Hardware Authentication — Atmel offers a wide variety of secure authentication and storage options that seamlessly integrate with Atmel AVR and ARM microcontrollers.
Reference Designs and Resources
Use our reference designs, software tools, and other resources as a starting point to build and design your own solutions.
Software, Tools, and Resources
Software Stacks and Integrated Development Environments
- 6LoWPAN, the Atmel Route Under MAC (RUM) with support for IPv6 and 6LoWPAN, is a highly flexible stack solution for low-power and low-cost wireless sensor network applications.
- ZigBee PROBitCloud is a full-featured, second-generation embedded software stack for reliable, scalable, and secure wireless applications running on Atmel wireless platforms.
- IEEE 802.15.4 stack software for different target platforms (microcontroller and board) and RF transceivers.
- ZigBee RF4C software stack supports the Atmel ZigBee RF4CE standard-compliant platform for low-cost, low-power, wireless mesh networking applications.
- Atmel AVR Studio 4 is an integrated development environments (IDEs) for developing applications for Atmel AVR 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Atmel AVR32® Studio and AVR32GNU Toolchain are IDEs for developing applications for AVR32 microcontrollers.
- Atmel QTouch is the software library of files for embedding capacitive touch buttons, sliders and wheels functionality into general-purpose Atmel AVR microcontrollers.
- Atmel AVR UC3 software framework provides software drivers and libraries to build any application for AVR UC3 32-bit microcontroller devices.
- AVR USB Series 2, 4, 6, or 7 software packages support evaluation and demonstration firmware for the Atmel family of AVR USB 2, 4, 6, and 7-series microcontrollers.
- Atmel Low Power
- Atmel Touch Solutions
- Atmel Wireless Solutions
- Atmel Hardware Security Solutions