Wireless, battery-operated remote control products are perfect applications for the low-power management and high efficiency RF features embedded in Atmel® AVR® solutions.
Features and Benefits
- Atmel one-chip battery management microcontrollers precisely control voltage to extend peripheral battery life while minimizing component count. Sleep modes draw very little power from the batteries, and in active modes can perform multiple functions with minimal power consumption.
- Atmel megaAVR® microcontrollers feature self-programming flash for fast, secure, cost-effective field upgrades and last-minute programming. Single-chip solutions embed capacitive touch functionality to reduce costs.
- The Atmel microcontrollers and embedded MPUs combine system control, wired and wireless connectivity, and user interface management.
- To meet worldwide market needs, our high-efficiency RF modules and bundles support 700/800/900 MHz and 2.4GHz bands.
- Pre-tested, pre-certified modules speed up prototyping and decrease time-to-market.
- Industry-standard connectivity support includes USB On-The-Go (OTG) wired interfaces, as well as WiFi, Bluetooth, and ZigBee IEEE 802.15.4 wireless interfaces.
- Atmel CryptoAuthentication™ products are the best low-cost, secure solution for authenticating all PC accessories and peripherals.
- Wireless remote control
devices can control everything from sound level to appliance operation and temperature. Atmel delivers integrated wireless connectivity for responsive, reliable operation.
- USB dongles
require connectivity, high computing performance and fast interfaces. Atmel microcontrollers and embedded MPUs combine system control, wired and wireless connectivity, and user interface management.
- Pointing devices
are great candidates for Atmel QTouch® capacitive touch controllers. Signal processing in the decision logic delivers precise, reliable button, slider or wheel touch operation. Low power use is a key competitive capability.
Atmel solutions enable you to build complete wireless environments with a capacitive touch remote control based on either single-chip Atmel AVR microcontroller, or using one of Atmel wide microcontroller with external Atmel low-power IEEE 802.15.4-compliant transceivers. Atmel RC solutions will help to enhance your RF network with a very optimized bill-of-materials (one chip to handle wireless plus touch).
[ + ] Audio Recorder with MEMS Microphone Sensor Reference Design
This reference design demonstrates an audio recorder based on Atmel SAMG53 microcontroller and two digital MEMS microphone sensors. The design enables users to easily experience stereo/mono audio data acquisition and storage for further processing via I
S or PDM interface.
- Audio acquisition via two MEMS microphone sensors
- 16KHz Stereo Audio through PDM interface
- PDM-to-PCM conversion by on-chip PDM interface controller
- Store audio data into SD-card memory
Learn more about the Atmel solution Application Notes, Devices, and Tools and Software.