We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
The maXStylus™ mXTS100 active stylus is designed to provide high-performance stylus capability for maXTouch™ E Series touchscreen controller solutions. The mXTS100 and maXTouch controllers together simplify touch system hardware and software while providing a state-of-the-art, inexpensive touch and stylus solution. This configuration simplifies the hardware since it requires only a single indium tin oxide (ITO) sensor that interfaces with maXTouch to detect finger touches and stylus proximity. Through the system driver and serial interface, the system host controller interfaces with the maXTouch chipset for touch and stylus data. The simultaneous touch and stylus capability is called multiSense functionality.
The mXTS100 uses capacitive sensing to detect an active maXTouch sensor presence and responds with its own signals to indicate location, pressure, button click timing and other information. The maXTouch controller receives stylus information through the sensor while also detecting finger touches. After the maXTouch controller detects a stylus presence, special algorithms activate to process the stylus data to provide high linearity, accuracy and resolution. Further processing provides excellent palm rejection, resulting in a smooth and comfortable stylus writing experience.
- Simplified, low-cost design-Based on capacitive sensing and eliminates the cost of an additional sensor board and a digitizer IC.
- maXTouch support-Works with maXTouch E Series touchscreen controllers to deliver a high-performance stylus solution for handsets and tablets.
- Excellent palm rejection-Supports a comfortable writing experience, allowing users to rest their palms on the touchscreen as they write, without moving or otherwise impacting the screen.
- High-accuracy design-Provides a highly accurate stylus capability, with 1.0mm/1.5mm/2.0mm stylus tip options and sensitivity to 256 pressure points.
- Flexible software support-Works with the Android and Windows operating systems, including the latest versions.
- Low power operation-Provides up to one year of battery life.