Get Started - Smart Energy
We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
The Atmel® SAM4SP32A system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution is the first ARM® Cortex™-M4 processor-based device targeting power line communications (PLC) smart metering applications. A fully digital implementation, the SAM4SP32A SoC complies with the latest Power Line Intelligent Metering Evolution (PRIME) PLC specification. Compact and delivering an unprecedented level of integration and performance, the SAM4SP32A SoC unites the benefits of a Cortex-M4 processor with an outstanding PLC modem and a highly efficient discrete line driver. The device features 2MB of dual-bank Flash, 160KB SRAM and an operating frequency up to 120MHz. Its discrete highly efficient line driver consumes 40 percent less power vs. competitive devices. With sensitivity up to 34.8dBµV and less than 750mW in transmission, the SAM4SP32A meets the demanding requirements of today’s smart meters.
- First ARM Cortex-M4 high-density PRIME system-on-chip solution running at up to 120MHz
- 2MB dual-bank Flash to ease field firmware upgrades
- 160KB SRAM
- Best-in-class PRIME PLC modem
- Highly efficient PLC line driver that consumes 40% less power than competitive devices
- Less than 750mW power consumption in transmission mode
- Sensitivity up to 34.8dBµV
- Dynamic range up to 73.18dB
- Peripherals including USB Device 2.0 Device, TWI, UARTs