Think Simplicity - Get Started
Getting started with Atmel devices is simple. Choose from among a broad range of Atmel® AVR® and Atmel® | SMART ARM®-based microcontrollers (MCUs) with the performance, efficiency and features geared to a variety of applications. Plus, once you begin designing with Atmel products you can migrate up and down within the AVR and Atmel | SMART product families. You can also quickly and cost-effectively make the jump from 8-bit to 32-bit at any time, which future-proofs your current 8-bit product offerings.
Whatever your next application, you will find an Atmel device that is ideally suited to your needs. You will also enjoy the support of a complete ecosystem that includes tools like the Atmel Studio, a complete and easy-to-use software development environment—and it’s all FREE.
The resources below will help you get started designing with industry-leading embedded processing technologies.
- » Getting Started with Atmel AVR
- » Atmel AT01080: XMEGA E Schematic Checklist - Describes a common checklist when starting and reviewing the schematics for an Atmel AVR XMEGA E design.
- » View all here – choose “Application Notes” from the drop-down box
- » Atmel AVR XMEGA Microcontrollers - A feature comparison of the AVR XMEGA devices.
- » Atmel tinyAVR - A feature comparison of the Atmel tinyAVR devices.
- » Atmel megaAVR - A feature comparison of the Atmel megaAVR devices.
- » Atmel AVR Xplained - A comparative view of the AVR Xplained development platform.
- » Atmel AVR Battery Management Devices for Rechargeable Lithium Batteries - A brief overview of AVR microcontrollers designed for battery management applications.
Atmel® Studio 7 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel | SMART ARM-based and Atmel AVR microcontroller applications. Studio 7 supports all AVR and Atmel ǀ SMART MCUs. The Atmel Studio 7 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. It also connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits. Additionally, Atmel Studio includes Atmel Gallery, an online apps store allowing you to extend your development environment with plug-ins developed by Atmel as well as by third-party tool and embedded software vendors. Atmel Studio 7 can also seamlessly import your Arduino sketches as C++ projects, providing a simple transition path from Makerspace to Marketplace.
- » Download Atmel Studio 7
- » Atmel Studio S6 Integrated Development Environment - An introductory overview of Atmel Studio.