Here is what you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
Help find your solution with the Automotive Compilation document
» Learn More
Intelligence and Control for Demanding Environments
Whether you are designing large, complex electronic systems or smaller, independent applications, we offer a wide range of cost-effective, top quality products with fully functional design kits for in-vehicle networking, infotainment connectivity and body electronics.
8bit Microcontrollers for Body, Safety and High-Temperature
Atmel® AVR® microcontrollers deliver the power, performance, and flexibility you need to support a wide range of automotive applications. Small yet powerful, our wide range of advanced 8-bit AVR microcontrollers deliver the technical features, advanced architecture, and dependable design that's right for your application. Many Automotive AVR Microcontrollers are also offered in a grade 0, High-Temperature rating (-40C / 150C).
Capacitive Touch Sensing – Button Sliders and Wheels
Most of the Automotive AVRs offer support for capacitive touch sensing functionality through the Qtouch library in combination with the powerful core and rich peripheral set.
The Atmel│SMART SAM DA1 ARM® Cortex®-M0+ based embeds the Peripheral Touch Controller offering high performance and low power Capacitive Touch Support.
In-Vehicle Infotainment, Ethernet-AVB and Audio processing
Atmel® ǀ SMART ARM®-based Microcontrollers focus on in-vehicle infotainment connectivity for Audio Amplifiers, Telematic Control Units or Head Units. The SAM V ARM Cortex-M7 based Microcontroller series provides the best combination of connectivity interfaces including Ethernet AVB, MediaLB, USB and CAN-FD along with the highest performance ARM Cortex-M core delivering up to 1500 CoreMarks.
The SAM DA1 ARM Cortex-M0+ based series has up to six versatile serial communication interfaces (SERCOM) plus USB 2.0 Full-Speed embedded host and device and one channel Inter-IC sound interface (I2S).
Atmel ǀ SMART ARM Cortex-M7 based Flash Microcontrollers
Atmel ǀ SMART ARM Cortex-M0+ based Flash Microcontrollers
- Highest Performance – Up to 1500 CoreMarks thanks to the Cortex-M7 clocked at up to 300MHz coupled with unprecedented DSP performance.
- Infotainment and Ethernet-AVB Connectivity – The SAM V71 embeds an Ethernet MAC with specific hardware support for Audio Video Bridging (AVB). Credit-based traffic shaping implemented in hardware within the MAC to avoid involving the CPU.
- CAN-FD – Latest CAN 2.0 and CAN Flexible Datarate (FD) controller for higher bandwidth.
- Low Power Backup
Atmel Automotive AVR Microcontrollers
- Comprehensive peripheral set for connectivity
Up to six serial communication interfaces (SERCOM), each configurable to operate as either USART, UART, I2C up to 3.4MHz or SPI plus USB 2.0 Full-Speed embedded host and device and one channel Inter-IC sound interface (I2S).
- Advanced Capacitive Touch Support
Peripheral Touch Controller supporting capacitive buttons, sliders, wheels and proximity sensing. Up to 16x16 channel in mutual mode and 16channels in self-capacitance mode are supported.
- High analogue performance
12-bit 350ksps analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with up to 20 channels, programmable gain stage
10-bit, 350ksps digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
Two analog comparators (AC) with window compare function
- Excellent real-time behavior
12 channel Event-System, Single-Cycle IO access
- High performance — Executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, Atmel's 8-bit Automotive AVR microcontrollers achieve throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz, balancing power consumption and processing speed.
- Code protection — Available on AVR32 Microcontrollers, Atmel FlashVault lets you partially program and lock flash memory for secure on-chip storage. Code stored in FlashVault will execute as normal, but cannot be read, copied or debugged. It can carry software such as math libraries or encryption algorithms to potentially untrustworthy environments where the rest of the source code can be developed and debugged.
- Built-in voltage protection — The on-chip voltage regulator with short-circuit monitoring interface featured in several 8-bit microcontrollers ensures reliable operation and extends the useful life of the device and the product it controls.
- Impressive power efficiency — Thanks to more than a decade of research, Atmel picoPower technology reduces microcontroller power usage in both sleep and active mode to achieve the industry's lowest power consumption numbers.
Highest performanceSAM DA
Hardware Touch support by Peripheral Touch Controller
Capacitive Touch HMI with or without haptic or acoustic feedback, Proximity detection, Switch-Modules and Rain/Light Sensors
512KB to 2048KB Flash
256KB to 384KB SRAM
Ultra Low Power Backup with SRAM
64- to 144-pin packagesSAM DA
16KB to 64KB Flash
4KB to 8KB SRAM
Peripheral Touch Controller, six serial communication interfaces SERCOM)
USB 2.0 Full-Speed
one channel I2S interface
32- to 64-pin packages
Built-in voltage protection
Impressive power efficiency
Automotive convenience, safety and body control electronics