- Evaluation Kits
- Starter Kits
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Add-ons and Accessories
- Zigbit Wireless Modules
- Corporate Releases
- Product Releases
- Technical News Briefs
- Speakers Bureau
- Atmel in the News
- Embedded Design Blog
- Events and Webcasts
- Press Releases
- Stock Information
- SEC Filings
- Corporate Governance
- Executive Profiles
- Board of Directors
- Touch Solutions
- Automotive Microcontrollers
- Automotive Serial EEPROMs
- Automotive Touch
- Broadcast Radio
- CAN/VAN Networking
- Car Access
- Drivers/High-Temperature ICs
- Battery Management
- LIN Networking
- Wireless / RF
- More Products
February 25, 2013Atmel Showcases Smart, Connected Applications From the Lab to the Digital Living Room at Embedded World 2013
November 15, 2012Atmel Introduces Miniature LIN Family with Lowest Power Consumption for Automotive Switch Scan and Ambient Lighting Applications
April 18, 2012Atmel Launches Low-Power, Secure AES-128-based Transponder for Car Key Fob Applications
Designing a Safer, Cleaner, More Reliable Vehicle
Automotive Compilation Archive Online -- Enjoy Browsing a Broad Range of Automotive Articles» Automotive Compilation
Drivers make demanding customers for automotive manufacturers, so automotive electronics is a demanding application arena. Atmel® helps you meet industry challenge with its market-leading designs that encompass a wide range of products, from body electronics, networking and access systems, to engine, lighting and entertainment components.
Our innovative, dedicated qualified automotive products are designed to fit small footprints, consume very little power, and operate in high temperature and electromagnetic environments. Our highly integrated designs can save you significant component costs and months of development, integration, and prototype time.
To help you meet the growing and diverse needs of the automotive OEM industry, our broad product portfolio ranges from low-cost, entry level devices to advanced, highly integrated ICs with a broad range of functionalities, extensive connectivity, refined interfaces, and strong security. Our products are designed in state-of-the-art BCDMOS, BDC-on-SOI, or non-volatile CMOS technologies, and meet strict automotive qualification standards.
You can rely on Atmel with about 30 years of design experience and expertise in the automotive field. You can also rely on us to support you with extensive demonstration and evaluation kits, reference boards, software, detailed documentation, and our expert staff of application engineers.
- Automotive Microcontrollers — Our wide range of cost-effective, top-quality products with fully functional design kits support your designs, whether they are large, complex electronic systems for automotive safety or body control, or smaller, independent applications.
- Automotive Serial EEPROMs — We offer a complete line of automotive temperature grade Serial EEPROMs supporting I2C, SPI and Microwire protocols. These products are ideal for high-speed designs in robust and noisy environments.
- Automotive Qualified — The Atmel® maXTouch® family, known for its superior performance and rich feature set, is now qualified for automotive applications, such as automotive touchscreens and touchpads used in center stack displays, navigation systems, radio human-machine interfaces (HMIs) and rear-seat entertainment systems.
- Broadcast Radio — Backed by more than 30 years’ experience in designing broadcast radio solutions, as well as support for industry standards (ISO9001 and ISO16949), our solutions are ideal for the quality and performance requirements of the car radio market.
- CAN/VAN Networking — Our wide range of solutions for controller area network (CAN) networking includes our AVR® 8-bit RISC microcontrollers and transceivers. Our Flash-based microcontrollers are compliant with V2.0A and V2.0B of the CAN protocol, and offer flexible in-system programming capabilities.
- Car Access — Our devices support access applications including remote keyless entry (RKE) and passive entry/go (PEG) systems, so you can deliver the convenience as well as security that drivers expect.
- Drivers/High-Temperature ICs — With our devices, you can meet the stringent requirements of "under the hood" systems. We understand that high temperatures, strong mechanical vibration and fluctuating electromagnetic fields require products based on decades of good architecture, meticulous manufacturing and robust testing.
- Battery Management — Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) batteries tend to overheat when overcharged or during deep discharge, so our devices are equipped to provide protection and safety features that are critical in high cell count Li-Ion battery applications.
- LIN Networking — Our devices support the low-cost local interconnect networking (LIN) systems that are used throughout automobiles for comfort-related, powertrain, sensor and actuator applications.