We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi)
Atmel® Wi-Fi offers ultra-low power single-chip Wi-Fi solutions which allow enable battery-powered peripherals—such as remote controls, cordless mouse/keyboard products, and headsets/speakers—to communicate directly with many Wi-Fi-enabled devices. The Atmel approach leverages a platform's existing Wi-Fi device to provide concurrent WLAN and WPAN functionality. This breakthrough convergence delivers unprecedented cost savings for systems developers and solves integration and coexistence problems associated with legacy WPAN approaches like Bluetooth and proprietary technologies.
- Dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz a/b/g for compatibility
- Supports connection to any WiFi device or network
- Can avoid congestion/interference in the busy 2.4GHz band
- Ultra-low 2µA standby current for years of battery life
- Complete integrated single-chip solution for direct connection to device I/Os and sensors
- I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, ADC interfaces
- On-chip MCU
- Can operate completely host-less in most applications
- Supports Wi-Fi security WPA2, Wi-Fi certified
- Integrated RF front-end, simple reference design
- Direct-connect to battery 1.8V to 3.6V range