We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
One Collaborative Studio for Embedded Design
Atmel® Studio 6 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M processor-based and Atmel AVR® microcontroller applications. The Atmel Studio 6 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. Atmel Studio 6 supports all 8- and 32-bit AVR; the new SoC wireless family; SAM3, SAM4 and SAM D20 microcontrollers; and connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits. Additionally, the IDP now includes two new features designed to further enhance your productivity: Atmel Gallery is an online apps store built in to Studio 6, allowing you to purchase both in-house and third-party development tools and embedded software. Atmel Spaces is a collaborative workspace where you can securely share embedded design and track progress of projects with your peers.
Learn more about Atmel Studio Studio Archive
- Support for 300+ Atmel AVR and SAM3, SAM4 and SAM D20 devices
- Atmel Software Framework
- Vast source code library including drivers, communication stacks, graphic services and touch functionality. ASF enables customers to focus on application differentiation, and accelerates design time.
- More than 1,600 project examples with sorce code.
- ASF Explorer for selecting and integrating ASF components into your own design.
- Atmel Gallery
- Online apps store for development tools and embedded software from Atmel and third parties.
- Easy and secure purchasing process from the Atmel Studio 6 platform.
- QTouch Composer
- Seamlessly ties together the tools required to edit the code in Atmel Studio 6 and to tune the touch design, making it easier than ever to integrate capacitive touch functionality into applications.
- The validation wizard provides an easy and intuitive way of testing system performance.
- With the power analyzer, users can monitor power consumption of the microcontroller in real time.
- The real-time data graph and trace graph records data generated during debugging, storing it for later playback. This allows the user to inspect recorded data sets.
- Wireless Composer 1.0
- Provides a performance test application and contains easy-to-understand displays to configure, command, and monitor information coming from the performance test application running on the target.
- Integrated C/C++ compiler
- Provides one seamless environment with everything the designer needs to write, build, program and debug C/C++ and assembly code.
- Customers can choose the coding style that best fits their project and generates the most optimal code for their designs.
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Write code faster with visual assist code completion tools.
- New project wizard
- Easily create a new project from scratch or from a large library of example designs.
- In-system programming and debugging
- Provides a seamless interface to all of Atmel's in-circuit programmers and debuggers.
- Full debug views
- Creates a transparent view into CPU and peripherals, enabling easy code development and debugging.
- Full chip simulation
- Delivers an accurate model of CPU, interrupts and peripherals.
- Support for external stimuli.
- Atmel Spaces
- Cloud-based collaborative workspace for securely sharing embedded design and track progress of projects with your peers.