We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
The Atmel MEGA-1284P Xplained evaluation kit is a hardware platform for evaluating the Atmel ATmega1284P microcontrollers. The MEGA-1284P Xplained contain one QTouch button sensor, three mechanical buttons, four LEDs, 3 analog sensors, and a UART to USB bridge. The AVR Xplained expansion headers provide easy access to analog and digital I/O pins. The board is powered by the USB cable and equipped with the standard 10-pin JTAG header that connects to the full range of AVR debuggers.
NOTE: The MEGA-1284P Xplained can be used to evaluate the ATmega164/324/644/1284 microcontrollers and the A, P and PA versions of these devices. These devices share the same peripherals, and differ only in memory size electrical characteristics such as power consumption. The peripherals are in general functionally compatible with other megaAVR devices, and the MEGA-1284P Xplained can thus be used as a general evaluation platform for other megaAVRs as well. Alternatively the STK600 can be used if specific devices need to be evaluated.
- Atmel ATmega1284P microcontroller
- Read temperature sensor with the ADC
- Read light sensor with the ADC
- Use the Atmel QTouch library to detect touches on the touch button
- Use PWM as input to an analog filter and ADC to measure the filter response
- 3 push buttons to interact with the microcontroller
- 4 LEDs to show status information
- Board controller that routes data from the ATmega1284P UART to the PC via USB
- Program the kit via bootloader or an Atmel programmer
- Expand the board with Xplained top modules