We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
The Atmel® XMEGA-A1 Xplained evaluation kit is a hardware platform for evaluating the Atmel ATxmega128A1 microcontroller. The kit offers a range of features that enable the Atmel AVR XMEGA® user to get started using AVR XMEGA peripherals right away and understand how to integrate the AVR XMEGA device in their own design.
NOTE: The XMEGA-A1 Xplained can be used to evaluate the XMEGA A1/A3/A4 and A1U/A3U/A4U devices. The devices shares the same peripherals, but the A1, A3 and A4 devices has different pin count and hence different number of each peripherals. The difference between A and AU devices is that AU features a USB Full-speed Device module. This USB module can be evaluated using STK600 or the XMEGA-A3BU Xplained.
- Atmel ATxmega128A1 microcontroller
- Read temperature sensor with the ADC
- Read light sensor with the ADC
- Generate sound with the DAC, amplifier and speaker
- Read and write data to the 8MB SDRAM
- Eight push buttons to interact with the microcontroller
- Eight LEDs to show status information
- Board controller that routes data from the ATxmega128A1 UART to the PC via USB
- Program the kit via bootloader or an Atmel programmer
- Expand the board with Xplained top modules