- Knowledge Base
- Request Technical Support
- Customer Service
- Samples Request
- Obsolescence Information
- Third-Party Support - AVR
- Third-Party Support - ARM
- Atmel Gallery (app store)
- Touch Partners
- Sales Reps
- Events and Webcasts
- Press Releases
- Stock Information
- SEC Filings
- Corporate Governance
- Executive Profiles
- Board of Directors
- Quality Inquiry
- Quality Handbook
- Green Packaging
- Package Material
- Environmental Information
- Quality and Environment Certificates
- RMA and FA Information
- Reliability Information
- PCN and EOL Notifications
- FAQ Response Summary
We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
One Collaborative Studio for Embedded Design
What’s New in Atmel Studio 6.2
Atmel introduces the latest Xplained Mini development kit, an easy-to-use development board with extensive examples.
Develop and Debug Atmel applications in a single, integrated environment with Atmel-ICE
Studio 6.2 support for the new Atmel-ICE probe provides advanced programming and debugs connectivity for Atmel ARM- and AVR-based MCUs, including the ability to capture data trace information
Accelerate Your Time to Market with Percepio Trace™
Gain insight into the run-time of embedded software with trace visualization. Percepio Trace for Atmel Studio features
- Control-flow trace (tasks and interrupts)
- Custom data plots
- Application debug output
- Statistical code profiling
- Support for viewing MCU event counters
- Real-time operating system (RTOS) awareness
Atmel® Studio 6 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel ARM® Cortex®-M processor-based and Atmel AVR® microcontroller (MCU) applications. The Atmel Studio 6 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. Atmel Studio 6 supports all 8- and 32-bit AVR MCUs, the new SoC wireless family, and SAM3, SAM4 and SAM D20 MCUs. It also connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits. Additionally, the IDP now includes two new features designed to further enhance your productivity: Atmel Gallery is an online apps store built in to Studio 6, allowing you to purchase both in-house and third-party development tools and embedded software. Atmel Spaces is a collaborative workspace where you can securely share embedded design and track progress of projects with your peers.
Atmel Studio is also available to purchase on DVD.
- Support for 300+ Atmel AVR and SAM3, SAM4 and SAM D20 devices
- Atmel Software Framework (ASF)
- Vast source code library including drivers, communication stacks, graphic services and touch functionality. ASF enables customers to focus on application differentiation, and accelerates design time.
- More than 1,600 project examples with source code.
- ASF Explorer for selecting and integrating ASF components into your own design.
- Atmel Gallery
- Online apps store for development tools and embedded software from Atmel and third parties.
- Easy and secure purchasing process from the Atmel Studio 6 platform.
- Atmel QTouch® Composer
- Seamlessly ties together the tools required to edit the code in Atmel Studio 6 and to tune the touch design, making it easier than ever to integrate capacitive touch functionality into applications.
- The validation wizard provides an easy and intuitive way of testing system performance.
- With the power analyzer, users can monitor power consumption of the microcontroller in real time.
- The real-time data graph and trace graph records data generated during debugging, storing it for later playback. This allows the user to inspect recorded data sets.
- Wireless Composer 1.0
- Provides a performance test application and contains easy-to-understand displays to configure, command, and monitor information coming from the performance test application running on the target.
- Integrated C/C++ compiler
- Provides one seamless environment with everything the designer needs to write, build, program and debug C/C++ and assembly code.
- Customers can choose the coding style that best fits their project and generates the most optimal code for their designs.
- Advanced debugging features
- Support for complex data breakpoints
- Nonintrusive trace support for SAM3 and SAM4 family of devices, including:
- Statistical code profiling
- Interrupt trace / monitoring
- Data trace
- Polled Data trace support for ARM Cortex M0+
- Real-time variable tracking with optional timestamp
- Integration of Percepio Tracealyzer technology for providing leading-edge visualization of debug data and RTOS awareness
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Write code faster with visual assist code completion tools
- New project wizard
- Easily create a new project from scratch or from a large library of example designs.
- In-system programming and debugging
- Provides a seamless interface to all Atmel in-circuit programmers and debuggers.
- Full debug views
- Creates a transparent view into CPU and peripherals, enabling easy code development and debugging.
- Full chip simulation
- Delivers an accurate model of CPU, interrupts and peripherals.
- Support for external stimuli.
- Atmel Spaces
- Cloud-based collaborative workspace for securely sharing embedded design and tracking progress of projects with your peers.