We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
One Collaborative Studio for Embedded Design
Atmel® Studio 6 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M processor-based and Atmel AVR® microcontroller applications. The Atmel Studio 6 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. Atmel Studio 6 supports all 8- and 32-bit AVR, the new SoC wireless family, SAM3 and SAM4 microcontrollers, and connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits. Additionally, the IDP now includes two new features designed to further enhance your productivity: Atmel Gallery is an online apps store built in to Studio 6, allowing you to purchase both in-house and third-party development tools and embedded software. Atmel Spaces is a collaborative workspace where you can securely share embedded design and track progress of projects with your peers.
Learn more about Atmel Studio Studio Archive
- Support for 300+ Atmel AVR and SAM3, SAM4 devices
- Atmel Software Framework
- Vast source code library including drivers, communication stacks, graphic services and touch functionality. ASF enables customers to focus on application differentiation, and accelerates design time.
- More than 1,600 project examples with sorce code.
- ASF Explorer for selecting and integrating ASF components into your own design.
- Atmel Gallery
- Online apps store for development tools and embedded software from Atmel and third parties.
- Easy and secure purchasing process from the Atmel Studio 6 platform.
- QTouch Composer
- Seamlessly ties together the tools required to edit the code in Atmel Studio 6 and to tune the touch design, making it easier than ever to integrate capacitive touch functionality into applications.
- The validation wizard provides an easy and intuitive way of testing system performance.
- With the power analyzer, users can monitor power consumption of the microcontroller in real time.
- The real-time data graph and trace graph records data generated during debugging, storing it for later playback. This allows the user to inspect recorded data sets.
- Wireless Composer 1.0
- Provides a performance test application and contains easy-to-understand displays to configure, command, and monitor information coming from the performance test application running on the target.
- Integrated C/C++ compiler
- Provides one seamless environment with everything the designer needs to write, build, program and debug C/C++ and assembly code.
- Customers can choose the coding style that best fits their project and generates the most optimal code for their designs.
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Write code faster with visual assist code completion tools.
- New project wizard
- Easily create a new project from scratch or from a large library of example designs.
- In-system programming and debugging
- Provides a seamless interface to all of Atmel's in-circuit programmers and debuggers.
- Full debug views
- Creates a transparent view into CPU and peripherals, enabling easy code development and debugging.
- Full chip simulation
- Delivers an accurate model of CPU, interrupts and peripherals.
- Support for external stimuli.
- Atmel Spaces
- Cloud-based collaborative workspace for securely sharing embedded design and track progress of projects with your peers.