We'll tell you all you need to know to start evaluating and working with this product.
A complete starter kit and development system for the 8-bit and 32-bit AVR microcontrollers that gives designers a quick start to develop code on the AVR, with advanced features for prototyping and testing new designs.
The AVR device connects to the STK600 using an innovative routing and socketcard sandwich system, which routes the signals from the device to the appropriate hardware.
Note that a routing card and socket card for the specific device would need to be purchase separately.
The system consists of a generic socketcard, on which the AVR device is inserted, and a device specific signal routing card, which routes the signals from the socket pins to the different functions on the STK600 main board dependant on the device. This design simplifies hardware setup when switching from one AVR device to another, since all connections from the device to the motherboard are determined by the routing card, a custom board for each device. The routing system is purely passive; no electronic components route the signals, so all I/O pins are directly accessible on the connectors with no altering of the electrical behavior.
The kit offers access to all device pins, and several useful hardware functions such as pushbuttons, LEDs, and dataflash to create a complete system for prototyping and testing new designs. Free AVR Studio or AVR32 Studio lets designers write and compile firmware in either assembly or C language, and download the code to the target AVR device.
The board also has adjustable voltage supply and adjustable clock to the target AVR device. The VCC level and clock frequency can be adjusted on the fly from AVR Studio or AVR32 Studio, giving designers the ability to test the performance at different voltage levels and clock frequencies with just the click of a button.
- AVR Studio 4/AVR32 Studio compatible
- USB Interface to PC for programming and control
- Powered from USB bus or from an external 10-15V DC power supply
- Adjustable target VCC (0-5.5V)
- Two adjustable reference voltages with high accuracy (0-5.0V, 10mV res)
- Clock oscillator, adjustable on the fly from AVR Studio (0-50MHz, 0.1% res)
- Serial ISP of tinyAVR and megaAVR devices
- PDI Programming of AVR XMEGA devices
- JTAG programming of 8-bit megaAVR, 8/16-bit AVR XMEGA and 32-bit AVR UC3 devices
- aWire Programming of 32-bit AVR UC3 devices